SingPass Digital Services Privacy Statement
This is a Government of Singapore ("we", "us" or "our") digital service. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you and provide you with an understanding of how we handle, collect, use, disclose and deal with any data, including personal data, that you provide to us, or that we may receive through third parties (collectively, "Data"). Please read this Privacy Statement carefully.
Types of Data that we collect
We may request certain types of Data from you in connection with your access to or use of the Services. Examples of the types of Data which we may request and collect include, but are not limited to:
- information relating to your Account, such as your Account ID;
- your contact information, including your mobile phone number, email and mailing addresses;
- information relating to your marital status, education and employment history, and such other information as may be provided by, or collected from, you, other Public Agencies, or third parties authorised by you;
- IP addresses, device fingerprint records (including but not limited to information relating to your Device, including model type, operating system and the state of your Device) and other forms of metadata generated through the use of the Services;
- information relating to the version of the SingPass Digital Services and your use of the Services, including but not limited to information relating to the usage of the various functionalities, features or clicks on the Content available therein as well as other Device permissions granted to the SingPass Digital Services, such as the permission to push notifications, use location services, use any connectivity services, and other similar information;
- biometric data relating to you;
- such other information as may be provided by, or collected from, you, other Public Agencies, or third parties authorised by you.
We may also collect other types of information relating to your activities in respect of the Services. Such information may be collected through various technologies including but not limited to:
- Analytics Tags: Analytics Tags are used by us to analyse the effectiveness of the functionalities and features of the SingPass Digital Services and user preferences relating to the Services in order to improve your user experience. We may use information collected through such analytics tags in combination with your personal data (such as transaction history and demographic information) to understand more about the profile of our users.
- Server Logs: Server logs are files and records of activity created by the Device that you access and use the Services from. For example, a web server log may record a history of page requests whereas other logs may record errors, access attempts or other information about your Device, such as your IP address and your Device's cookie settings. We collect and retain such server logs for administrative, security and troubleshooting purposes.
By continuing to use the Services, you are agreeing to the use of the aforementioned technologies on your Device through the Services.
Why we collect Data
Data requested and collected from you may be used, disclosed and processed by us for any, some or all of the following purposes:
- to assist, process and facilitate your access or use of the Services, including registering and creating your Account, logging into your Account and using any features or functionalities of the Services;
- to administer, process and facilitate any transactions or activities conducted under your Account through the Services, whether with us or any other Public Agencies, and whether for your own benefit, or for the benefit of a third party on whose behalf you are duly authorised to act;
- to carry out your instructions or respond to any queries, feedback or complaints provided by (or purported to be provided by) you or on your behalf, or otherwise for the purposes of responding to or dealing with your interactions with us;
- to monitor and track usage of the Services, in order to assist us in understanding user behaviour, trends and preferences, and in improving the Services and other services and products provided by Public Agencies. For the avoidance of doubt, we may also collect, use, disclose and process such Data to create reports and produce statistics regarding the above for record-keeping and reporting or publication purposes (whether internally or externally). Data used in such reports and statistics will be anonymised before publication;
- for the purposes of storing or creating backups of your Data for contingency or business continuity purposes;
- to prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or omission or misconduct, whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned; dealing with conflict of interests; or dealing with and/or investigating complaints; and/or
- to enable us to contact you or communicate with you on any matters relating to your access or use of the Services, including but not limited to the purposes set out above, via email, push notifications or such other forms of communication that we may introduce from time to time depending on the functionality of the Services and/or your Device,
(collectively, the "Purposes").
- We may collect, use, disclose or process your Data for other purpose(s) that do not appear above. In such cases, we will generally notify you of such other purposes and obtain your consent for the same, unless the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your Data for such purpose(s) without consent is permissible under any applicable law.
If you provide us with Data:
- We may share necessary Data with other Public Agencies, and third party service providers in connection with the Services, so as to provide the Services to you in the most efficient and effective way unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
- We will NOT share your personal data with entities which are not Public Agencies, except where such sharing is necessary for such entities to assist us in providing the Services to you.
- For your convenience, we may also display to you Data you had previously supplied us or other Public Agencies. This will speed up the transaction(s) and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the Data be out-of-date, you shall be required to supply the latest Data through the relevant functionality in the Services without delay.
- We may collect Data from sources other than yourself, for any, some or all of the above Purposes. This includes Data from the MyInfo platform. Such Data may be used, disclosed and/or processed by itself or together with or in conjunction with other Data that you have provided to us for any, some or all of the Purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
In the course of your access or use of the Services, we may collect Data relating to other individuals from you. Where this involves the personal data of such other individuals, you represent and warrant that:
for personal data relating to other individuals that you provide to us, you would have, prior to disclosing such personal data:
- notified these individuals (i) that you will be providing their personal data to us; and (ii) of the purposes for which we will be collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing their personal data, as set out in this Privacy Statement and/or as notified by us to you from time to time; and
- obtained consent from the individuals whose personal data are being disclosed, permitting (i) you to disclose the personal data to us; and (ii) us to collect, use, disclose and/or process these individuals' personal data, for the purposes referred to in Clause 9.1(a)(ii).
- the personal data that you will be providing us is accurate, complete and true; and
- that you have the valid authority and consent from these individuals to act on their behalf and provide their personal data to us to collect, use, disclose and/or process for the purposes referred to in Clause 9.1(a)(ii).
- for personal data relating to other individuals that you provide to us, you would have, prior to disclosing such personal data:
- Your Data may be stored in local servers, systems or devices owned, operated or managed by us, and/or our third party service providers or collaborators, or on your Device, and may be used by us or our third party service providers or collaborators, such as but not limited to other Public Agencies, to facilitate your access or use of the Services.
- We will take reasonable measures to safeguard personal data that is in our possession or under our control to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. This may include, without limitation, securing all electronic storage and transmission of personal data with appropriate security technologies.
- You may withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure of your personal data by us with reasonable notice and subject to any prevailing legal or contractual restrictions; however, doing so may prevent the proper functioning of the Services, or any part thereof and may also result in the cessation of the Services, or any part thereof to you. We may also continue to retain, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for any of the Purposes set out herein notwithstanding your withdrawal of consent if we are permitted to do so under any applicable law. General Information
- The Services may contain services, products and/or links to services, products and/or websites provided, published or maintained by entities that are not Public Agencies. These entities' data protection and privacy practices may differ from Public Agencies'. Public Agencies are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other services, products and/or websites and you are encouraged to consult the privacy notices of those sites or privacy policies applicable to those services, products and/or websites.
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that Public Agencies are not responsible or liable for any loss of Data that is a result of any event, actions or occurrence beyond the control of Public Agencies or from the actions or omissions of other users or third parties.
- We reserve the right to change or amend the Privacy Statement at any time, by posting the revised Privacy Statement on or through the SingPass Digital Services, or through such other means as we may deem appropriate. Your continued access or use of the Services following the posting of any changes or modifications will constitute your acceptance of such changes, modifications, supplements and of such revised or modified Privacy Statement. Please check our Privacy Statement regularly to ensure that you are kept informed of the latest changes to the same. The most current version of this Privacy Statement can be accessed at https://www.singpass.gov.sg/singpass/common/privacystatement or such other URL as we may notify on or through the SingPass Digital Services from time to time.
Please contact email@example.com if you:
- have any enquires, complaints or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures; or
- need more information on or access to data which you have provided to us in the past.
This version of the Privacy Statement is dated 13 September 2018