SingPass Privacy Statement
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you of how we collect, use, disclose and process data and personal data relating to you, or that may relate to a third party individual and is provided by you (collectively, "Data"). Please read this Privacy Statement carefully.
Types of Data that we collect
We may request certain types of Data from you in connection with your access to or use of SingPass and SingPass Materials. Examples of the types of Data which we may request and collect include, but are not limited to:
- information relating to your Account, such as your Account number;
- your contact information, including your mobile phone number, email and mailing addresses;
- information relating to your Device (including IP addresses), your Fingerprint records and other forms of metadata relating to you generated on your Device through the access to or use of SingPass or SingPass Materials;
- information relating to the version of SingPass Mobile on your Device or your access to or use of SingPass or SingPass Materials, including but not limited to information relating to the usage of the various functionalities, features or clicks on the Content available therein as well as other Device permissions such as the permission to push notifications, use location services, use any connectivity services, and other similar information;
- your Login Credentials and other mechanisms or means (including but not limited to biometric data relating to you (e.g. Face Identification and Fingerprint)) that may be used to access your Account; and
- such other information as may be provided by, or collected from you in connection with your access to or use of SingPass and SingPass Materials.
We may collect the Data and other types of information relating to your activities in respect of SingPass and SingPass Materials through various technologies including but not limited to:
- Analytics Tags: Analytics Tags are used by us to analyse the effectiveness of the functionalities and features of SingPass and SingPass Materials and user preferences relating to SingPass and SingPass Materials in order to improve general user experience. We may use information collected through such analytics tags in combination with your Data (such as transaction history and demographic information) to understand more about the profile of our users.
- Server Logs: Server logs are files and records of activity created by the Device that you access or use SingPass or SingPass Materials from. For example, a web server log may record a history of page requests whereas other logs may record errors, access attempts or other information about your Device, such as your IP address or your Device's cookie settings. We collect and retain such server logs for administrative, security and troubleshooting purposes.
- Device information: Information relating to your Device such as its model, type, operating system and other technical attributes.
Data requested and collected from you may be used, disclosed and processed by us for any, some or all of the following purposes:
- to assist, process and facilitate your access or use of SingPass and SingPass Materials, including registering and creating your Account, facilitating your login into your Account and your use of any features or functionalities of SingPass and SingPass Materials;
- to carry out your instructions or respond to any queries, feedback or complaints provided by (or purported to be provided by) you or on your behalf, or otherwise for the purposes of responding to or dealing with your interactions with us;
- to monitor and track your usage of SingPass and SingPass Materials, in order to assist us in understanding user behaviour, trends and preferences, and in improving SingPass and SingPass Materials. For the avoidance of doubt, we may also collect, use, disclose and process such Data to create reports and produce statistics regarding the above for record-keeping and reporting or publication purposes (whether internally or externally). Data used in such reports and statistics will be anonymised before publication;
- for the purposes of storing or creating backups of your Data for contingency or business continuity purposes;
- to prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or omission or misconduct via the use of your Account, whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned;
- to deal with conflict of interests or investigate complaints in relation to your Account;
- to enable us to contact you or communicate with you on any matters relating to your access or use of SingPass and SingPass Materials, including but not limited to the purposes set out above, via email, push notifications or such other forms of communication that we may introduce from time to time depending on the functionality of SingPass and SingPass Materials and your Device;
- for any other purpose(s) that do not appear above where permissible under any written law, as may be notified by us to you from time to time (collectively, the "Purposes").
If you provide us with Data:
- we may share Data with Public Agencies and relevant service providers in connection with your access to and use of SingPass and SingPass Materials, and with other third parties relevant to your access to and use of SingPass and SingPass Materials, unless such sharing is prohibited by written law.
- for your convenience, we may also display to you Data you had previously supplied us. This will speed up the transaction(s) and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should such displayed Data be out-of-date, you shall be required to supply the latest Data through the relevant functionality in SingPass without delay.
In the course of your access or use of SingPass or SingPass Materials, we may collect Data relating to other individuals from you.
You shall, prior to disclosing to us such Data relating to other individuals:
- notify these individuals (i) that you will be providing their personal data to us; and (ii) of the Purposes for which we will be collecting, using, disclosing and processing their personal data, as set out in this Privacy Statement and as notified by us to you from time to time; and
- obtain the consent from the individuals whose personal data are being disclosed, permitting (i) you to disclose the personal data to us; and (ii) us to collect, use, disclose and process these individuals' personal data, for the Purposes.
You represent and warrant that:
- the personal data that you will be providing us or have provided us is accurate, complete and true; and
- you have the valid authority and consent from these individuals to act on their behalf and provide their personal data to us to collect, use, disclose and process for the Purposes.
- You shall, prior to disclosing to us such Data relating to other individuals:
- Your Data may be stored in servers, systems or devices owned, operated or managed by us or our third party service providers, or on your Device, and may be used by us (or our service providers) and Approved Service Providers to facilitate your access or use of SingPass or SingPass Materials.
- You may withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure of Data by us with reasonable notice; however, doing so may prevent proper access or use of SingPass or SingPass Materials, or any part thereof and may also result in the cessation of your access or use of SingPass or SingPass Materials, or any part thereof. We may retain, use, disclose and process your Data for any of the Purposes set out herein where permitted under any applicable law. Changes to Privacy Statement
- We reserve the right to change or amend the Privacy Statement at any time, by posting the revised Privacy Statement on or through the SingPass Website and SingPass Mobile, or through such other means as we may deem appropriate. Your continued access to or use of SingPass and SingPass Materials following the posting of any changes or modifications will constitute your acceptance of such changes, modifications, supplements and of such revised or modified Privacy Statement.
This version of the Privacy Statement is dated 1 July 2019